Civilians
It was a normal day like many other working days of my NS life, a normal day that's always waiting to be spoiled. I was doing my normal sentry duty with my friend when there's this guy appeared (in a normal human-like way =p) in front of our closed gate, peering to our compound and then walks over to the other side of the road and standing there for several minutes facing our building. If you ask me, that clearly spells suspicious over his head with an arrow pointing to him. So I ask my friend to ask him what he is doing there while I tend to some of the NSF that's going back home. A couple of minutes later, I notice that my friend and the guy (he's quite old, nearly 40 yrs old) are quarreling, some of my other friends went over to see what's the problem. It seems that the guy must've misunderstood the reason he was asked by my friend. What my friend gets for asking politely is a rude answer. That raises the atmosphere. I saw our Encik and told him about it and we also went over to settle down the matter. Well, he was rude alright, swearing us upside down like we're some slaves. A simple question of what he was doing the ends up as a quarrel.
"
Excuse me sir, may I know what are you doing here?"
"It's none of your business!"
We have to ask him because it's our job to ensure security of the camp. Just like a Police officer to ensure security for the citizens. That's part of a Provost's responsibility. Apparently, the guy was waiting for someone to pick him up, probably his employer. When we report this to the Duty Officer he shake his head and said: "That's public civilians to us (uniformed civil servants)". haha
timed, 9:35 PM.