24
I'm home, from a 24 hours straight work! So, off for today.
I'm beat.
-----------------------EDIT---------
Awaked. Refreshed. Hungry...
This was why I had to work 24 hrs, from 8am yesterday to 8am today:
It was during our dismissal roll call (6pm, time to go home), the Personnel Branch said there will be house visit. House visit is just what it is, visit house of reservist because Pers couldn't get through them by phone to tell them they have to do reservist. A provost has to be accompanied for security reason for house visit. So, it was time to go home already so who wants to volunteer themselves to go right? Everyone wants to go home. But the seniors, being the seniors they are, push the work to us juniors. Now this is what I was frustrated about yesterday. I was damn pissed off because of this.
By tradition, seniors would give the juniors the hard work so they could learn. I don't have a problem with that. And when we do our work, the seniors would 'rest'. I don't have a problem with that too since I understand the seniors have gone tru the same as us now, they would want to relax too. So the whole freaking day yesterday after all the work, we should be tired by the end of the day and the seniors should have enough rest that they don't need. So logically, if they are humane enough, they should have pity us and go for the house visit and let us go home right? wrong. The senior-push-work-to-junior still applies. I can argue with them about this point right then there but it would turn into pointless arguments and it will be a losing battle for me. The night shift can't take the job since they were on duty and what's more, two of their men were on MC so they can spare any men. It was either me or another junior. The other guy have gone tru a hard day, getting bullied and pick on and all...yeah. And I just don't feel I should go because of my points above. I felt like forcing this other guy to go but I pity him after all that picking on. (I was half guilty too for laughing along =p). So, feeling pissed off and so not in the mood to argue, I told him to just go home and I'll take the damn freaking job.
7 houses to visit! That is alot! All the way along the ride to the first few houses, I don't have the mood to talk, joke or laugh. I was trying to keep my temper in check constantly. I don't even have the mood to go home at all. So it brought me the idea that maybe I should just cover for one of the night shift provost since the night shift are lacking in manpower and then I could get Off duty today. But I thought it was a much of a hassle to inform my NCO that I quickly forget about it.
It was the 2nd or 3rd house when the IC for the night shift called me and ask whether I want to cover for them. I replied yes straight away. He had called the NCO earlier and said I could get an off today and he would give me lighter job since I've been working for the whole day. =))
I return back to the Division about 11pm! Bought some food, eat, joke around with the night shifts peoples, had a 10 min quick nap, then do my job from 1am-3am, switch with another provost, then slept for less than 4 hours and woke up at 6am because the room was damn cold (aircon).
In the end, I forget about getting pissed. I got my off, I got my extra meal allowance, I got my rest.
So will be back to work as usual tomorrow morning, and the start of the preparation for the reservist coming this weekend. Expecting hard work tomorrow.
k nk mamam.
timed, 10:07 AM.