Friday, October 12, 2007
ERS Wk1

From recruit to a specialist cadet trainee...not that my ns life has been easier. I manage to get chosen to be in the Emergency Response Specialist Course! ERS! Now my NS life will get even more tougher from now on. Much, much, much...much tougher. It's like moving on from Kindergarten straight to University.

I'm training to become the section commander; leading the firemen on site. A sergeant that will lead 3 firefighter. 4 men team. Here's a rundown of the training. Can't reveal too much...hehe:

For the first 3 months..12 weeks, I will learn what all firefighters need to know. This will be the most toughest and challenging part both mentally and physically. I already tried on the firefighter suit, full gear minus the breathing apparatus, carrying the hose, 2 hoses to be exact, and WALK, just WALK from one point to another, a short distance, after putting down the hoses, I was literally panting. Oh yah, I have to wear my uniform under the fire suit...so yeah. HOT! UNDER THE HOT SUN! At the end of that lesson, after removing the suit, my uniform was wet top to bottom. soaking wet with sweat. It's like wearing my uniform and submerge myself into the swimming pool. Only hotter. Endure...must endure.

The next 3 months will be mostly theoretical. So 6 months total.

24 more weeks to go for Sergeant rank. 12 more weeks for the fire badge. Fire badge = Officially a fireman.

For now, just enjoy Hari Raya.

Hope I don't get OOC'ed(Out Of Course)

timed, 4:49 PM.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Profile

Chronomaster
chrono (n): can relate to the control of time and space.
master (plural masters)(n): someone who has control over something or someone.
Exits
Archives
Credits
designed by lil.queens
photos: bexidaisy on DA
host: imageshack & imeem
inspiration & lyrics: TLG
title script source unknown.