2nd week
Thus the training starts. What they call light training, they didn't meant on it's intensity, it was the frequency of the training. Starting next week, The real deal will finally start. Endurance training every single day, 2 hour slot (with break of course), push ups (the dreaded 'half right down'), weekend extras for those who commit an offence (weekend guard duty) and more push ups.
Last Sunday I book in late! Hahaha. My NSIC was confiscated by the provost (like Military Police). But I got it back just before booking out just now.
The instructors sure knows how to deal with our mood. One hour they scold us like dogs, punishing in various method, then another hour they are like our best buddies. One time, we were given the privilege to go to the canteen. What so great about that? We can buy ice creams, ice milo, ice tea and many other sorts of food and beverages that beats the free foods we get for our meals at the cookhouse. The meals are delicious though but it has become part of the routine, we're happy to have a change of diet.
I'm sure the whole battalion look forwards to talks and lecture slots since all we do is sit inside the airconditioned hall. So we take the talks as our rest.
Yesterday, there was an evening run around the BRTC compound. 3 rounds. Just before 'buka'. It was fun I tell you. Because we run as a platoon/company together and we sing song. The songs are mostly made up by them and the lyrics are quite vulgar with dirty jokes but that's what made it fun.
As I've said, the real deal starts next week. No choice, go through with it. 2 weeks plus left (Planned end is 10 Oct). Just let it pass day by day. Looking forward to Hari Raya!
timed, 9:09 PM.